- 10 Years of ArbotiX (06 Apr 2020)
A look back at the evolution of the ArbotiX board.
- Update: ROS on Arduino (15 Mar 2013)
There are a number of ways to connect your hardware to ROS.
- Mapping with Maxwell (20 Mar 2011)
This afternoon I collected a very nice dataset and map of our lab at ILS.
- Introducing Maxwell (07 Feb 2011)
Maxwell is my latest attempt at a lowcost, human-scale mobile manipulator using an ArbotiX and ROS.
- ROS and Other Ramblings (09 Aug 2010)
I've been working on a poor man's lidar for ROS navigation.
- Announcing the RX Bridge (09 Apr 2010)
If you're looking to build a giant robot, here is your tool
- SMALdog gets a new (printed!) head! (13 Mar 2010)
The saga of creating a 3d-printed head for SMALdog
- What's New in the Lab (17 Feb 2010)
Over the past month, Vanadium has released two new products, and has another on the way.
- Get Your IK On (03 Jan 2010)
The Nearly Universal Kinematics Engine (NUKE) is finally out in a first beta.
- Issy Goes Fire Fighting -- The Video (09 Nov 2009)
Check out the video of Issy fighting fires
- Introducing Sally (08 Nov 2009)
Video of Sally, a salamander-inspired robot.
- Reaver Demo (27 Sep 2009)
I've been working on assembling a Biped for mech warfare for a little while now.
- Beta Testing and Future Work (19 Sep 2009)
While the hardware of the arbotiX has been stable and ready to go for months, we've still been working to expand and refine the software suite.
- ArbotiX Beta 3 Released! (16 Sep 2009)
It's finally here! PyPose V0.91 is a complete rewrite of the software, using wxPython as the GUI package.
- Issy Goes Fire Fighting (14 Sep 2009)
I've been talking lately about building a walking fire fighter, but I've now finally started transforming Issy from a mech into a Fire Fighter
- arbotiX Prototypes (30 Aug 2009)
The first full batch of arbotiX prototypes is finally done after a summer of development and testing.