- PS4 Controller and ROS (05 Apr 2020)
How to configure the PS4 controller to work with your ROS-based robot
- Reviving Maxwell (and this blog) (01 Apr 2020)
After a five year hiatus, the blog is back. So is Maxwell.
- Generating an IKFast Plugin for MoveIt (21 May 2013)
How to setup ikfast for a better inverse kinematics on your robot.
- National Robotics Week (and a quick note on MakerFaire) (08 Apr 2013)
Upcoming events and an update on Maxwell playing chess.
- Move'n'It (26 Feb 2013)
A first look at MoveIt and Maxwell gets another degree of freedom.
- Navigating Apartments with ROS (23 Dec 2011)
Navigation and mapping in smaller homes.
- Maxwell (Finally) Gets a Vertical Arm Lift (21 Dec 2011)
A new linear actuator gives Maxwell the ability to reach the floor and the table
- Update Palooza (21 Dec 2011)
- Maxwell vs Shallow Blue Video (15 Aug 2011)
Video of a robot chess match.
- Maxwell Wins at AAAI (12 Aug 2011)
Maxwell won 1st place in the 2011 AAAI Small Scale Manipulation Challenge.
- Introducing Mini Maxwell (26 Jun 2011)
I designed a little brother for Maxwell.
- Navigation with Maxwell (29 Apr 2011)
I recorded a small video of Maxwell navigating, under voice control.
- Localizing the Chess Board (03 Apr 2011)
A look at the perception side of the AAAI Small Scale Manipulation Challenge.
- Maxwell Moves A Chess Piece (30 Mar 2011)
Earlier today we got Maxwell moving chess pieces around a bit.
- A Look Inside Maxwell (29 Mar 2011)
I rebuilt Maxwell's base using a new design which allows the front plate to drop down for easy access to the ArbotiX2 prototype.
- Maxwell Gets an Emergency Stop (22 Mar 2011)
I added a big red panic button to Maxwell.
- Sensors Hate Dark Surfaces (20 Mar 2011)
A look at how laser scanners and Kinects interact with our surroundngs.
- Mapping with Maxwell (20 Mar 2011)
This afternoon I collected a very nice dataset and map of our lab at ILS.
- Introducing Maxwell, Part 2 (11 Feb 2011)
And now a video of Maxwell driving around.
- Introducing Maxwell (07 Feb 2011)
Maxwell is my latest attempt at a lowcost, human-scale mobile manipulator using an ArbotiX and ROS.